41 Bridge St. W. Tillsonburg ON N4G 5P2
Accessible, Always Free Admission!
Hours: Monday-Saturday 9am-4pm
Bridge Street Artists
The Bridge Street Artists are a group of local artists who meet weekly on Monday afternoons from 1pm to 3pm in the Van Gastel Studio in the Red Station. The new and renewal membership fee for the Bridge Street Artists is $15, payable by January 31st each year. After February 1st, the renewal fee is $20. Membership with the Station Arts Centre is mandatory in order to join The Bridge Street Artists and their dues are also payable in January. Membership gives you a discount for art classes through Station Arts and a discount at several art stores including Curry’s Art Supply and Bijan’s in London.
Everyone is welcome – from the talented artist to the beginner who has never lifted a paintbrush. Our members are happy to share their knowledge and techniques in painting watercolours, acrylics and oils. For the new artist we can help by suggesting some basic art supplies (paints, brushes, paper, canvases) and names of art stores to get you started.
Members can show and sell their art in the Bridge Street Gallery, located in the Station Arts Centre. This Gallery showcases the art of all the in-house groups - painters, potters, photographers and fibre artists. The Gallery is changed every two months and several times a year our group is featured as the group of the month. Also, each year - usually in May, we participate in a show with the Stationhouse Potters called the “Painters & Potters Show” in the Changing Exhibit Gallery.
The Bridge Street Artists hold formal meetings approximately two to three times a year to discuss gallery changes, in-house demonstrations and workshops, field trips and the Christmas lunch. A President, Secretary and Treasurer take care of administration of the group. We also have a library with art books and magazines, two mat cutters and a small supply of watercolour paper and crystal bags for purchase.
Benefits of Membership with Bridge Street Artists
• Drop-in painting sessions every Monday afternoon
• Showing and selling your artwork in The Bridge Street Gallery
• Low commission rates of 20 – 30% on sales
• Discount for art courses at Station Arts
• 10% discount at Curry’s Art Supply (London) & Bijan’ s ( London); 25% discount at Reflections Art & Framing (Tillsonburg) on presentation of a Station Arts Centre membership card
• Watercolour paper and crystal bags available for purchase
• Access to a regular and oval mat cutter
• Library with art books and magazines
• Fellowship and sharing of artistic knowledge with other members of the group
All for a low annual membership of $20.00.
Shirley Hokke, President
Or call 519-879-6443 for membership information
Cathy Barzo, Secretary/Treasure (no contact info)